Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chili

I have a lot of canned chili in my food storage. I thought it was a great item to store- beans, protein, 50 cents a can... Darin suggested that we eat as much of it as possible before we move (we may be "floating" to TX). How many ways can I serve chili? The boys enjoy chili mac, but I have one month to use as much as possible... HELP!

I really need creative ways to gas up my family. :)

2 comments:

  1. What to do with lots of chili:
    serve it in a tortilla
    top it with corn bread
    invite the neighbors over for dinner
    put in on a hot dog
    use it for haystacks

    Then, when you're sure you'll YACK if you see another spoonful of chili, find a nice Turkish maid to give it to. I think it's actually legal to do that in the states, so you won't have to sneak and do it behind Darin's back like we did. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love this: A layer of Fritos, chili, cheese, sour cream. Oh, and a heart-lung machine for dessert.

    Chili is also good in warm flour tortillas.

    And it makes a nice housewarming gift for the people moving into your place. Put a couple dozen cans in a decorative basket, wrap the whole dealio in cellophane, and leave it on the counter. Done!

    ReplyDelete