Monday, May 18, 2009

A Holiday

I have created a new holiday. It is called Fathers and Sons Outing. I have 4 fantastic boys who love to camp! Friday and Saturday camping. Only dad's and son's. I actually cheered in Relief Society when they announced it and gave a big "Got 4 sons" cheer. Actually only 3 of the boys went camping. Darin gave a big NO to boy 4 going with.

It turned out that I was lonely. I was so happy that Noah stayed home with me. We ate pancakes for dinner and went on a long walk, played at the park and watched funny shows on TV. He is a funny kid to talk to and is full of lots of things to say. I was glad to have the conversation.

We both missed the boys. They had a great time and came home filthy! Next year #4 is going too, what will I do with myself then?

3 comments:

  1. Just wait until they're a bit older - say Deacon age - and they come home from these campouts with broken tent poles (from midnight raids) and about to puke (because someone dared them to eat a raw oyster and they did).

    Yeah, our Father-Son campout was last weekend too. The girls & I had a great time; the boys, not so much.

    Next year, fly up & stay with me. I'll make sure you're not bored or missing your boys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, where are the pictures Darin took of the campout?????

    G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great night. Breakfast for dinner, love it!

    ReplyDelete