Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And So It Begins....

The End that is. We have started the good-byes that will have to take place during the next 2 weeks. A lot of people are leaving town and so, for one reason or another we are starting do the good-byes early.

On Saturday, a friend threw a farewell BBQ for us. It was just a few families from our ward/neighborhood. It was nice, but I hate the attention on us.

We are starting to get notes from our friends. Jag recently received a note that said, "Jag, I love you. You are strange. You are brave. If you need any help please call us." The little girl across the street is already missing the Jag Man.

With still 2 weeks before we are totally out of our home, people are going to think that we are the family that just won't go... how many times do I have to answer the question... How much longer? Are you all packed up? Do you have a place to live? My answers...too long. Not packing my own stuff. No, just for fun I am gonna live in a hotel for a month. The most awkward is when someone we really don't know, expresses just how much they are going to miss us... Yes, we will miss you too... what was your name? That sounded horrible, but not so horrible that I won't say it :) With this attitude, people aren't going to be able to say good-bye fast enough.

I am just grouchy due to the chaos of the next 2 weeks and the fact that Darin hasn't been around due to another court. Thursday can't come soon enough, I have quite the list waiting him.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're ready to hit the road to Texas! Darin probably has lots of loose ends to tie up, but it's hard to do all the last minute things alone. Hang in there. Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete