We have finally finished with the packing part of our moving adventure. I may complain about the chaos and the hassle of packers and movers being in my home, but truthfully I was a slug. I sat around talking on the phone and watching TV while someone else was sweating over my stuff. I didn't really pack or move anything, just supervised and complained. I must be spoiled.
We are now living in what Davis refers to as our "Shell of a house." The boys are sleeping on the floor and Darin and I have an air mattress. We will be this way while we paint and clean. The house echos and the boys have 1 box of legos to play with. It is a good time to remember our pioneer roots especially with Pioneer Days just around the corner.
We have been eating our food storage so much that Jag now starts to complain and cry if dinner includes any beans. He now hates (so he says) beans, chili, peanut butter, and casseroles with rice. All I really need to do is add stuff like cooked wheat for breakfast and he will be sure to hate food storage for the rest of his childhood.
We are ready to move on. I feel like we are going to be "removing the band-aid" way too slowly . Darin has 4 days left of work, then the holiday and finally we will start to drive. I know that this time is just so that I will be grateful to be moving. I will be grateful to be moving forward, but I still hate the moving process.
No photos now. I am on a dinosaur laptop and can't figure out how to attach the camera to the computer. One day I will catch up with the pictures. For now I will just sit on the floor, in my shell of a house, and wait for the dumb band-aid to come off...sometime in Texas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WTH? Didn't you just paint your entire house? And now you're doing it again - for renters?? I say screw the painting and just bug out of there. You're right - this band-aid is coming off way too slowly. I hate the idea of you guys sitting in an empty shell like squatters in your own house.
ReplyDeleteAnd who were you chatting on the phone with!? I sure didn't get a phone call. (Even though I'm fully aware that it is my turn to call you. But we both know that I'm terrible at making phone calls.)
With all the beans, the noise level must be off the charts!! I'd ease off before I got in the car for the long ride to Texas! Also I got no phone call, so who were you calling? Love, G. Alled
ReplyDeleteWhen I grow up I want a bit more Jessica in me! Painting and cleaning a perfect house. I am sure that neither really needed to be done :)
ReplyDeleteBrooke and Grandma It was me she was talking to...me...me...me :)
Good luck with the move! You sure were ready ahead of time... Wow.
ReplyDelete