Wednesday, September 30, 2009
It's Rhyme Time
Jag is rhyming a lot, must be a kindergarten thing. He comes home from school and talks only in rhymes. I am "Mom Dom" and Noah is "Noah Boa" and he is ... "Jag Fag." I tell him that he is Jag Bag or Jag Hag, but he keeps going back to his favorite. We were reading a book about a duck...yep, my little boy almost got a bottle of soap in his unknowing mouth as my ears burned at his rhyming language. I finally had to tell him that he isn't allowed to rhyme with duck. Thanks kindergarten, you've turned my sweet boy into a foul-mouthed rhyming 5year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh no! That is too funny though.
ReplyDeleteOh, man, that is duckin' hilarious!
ReplyDelete(I really should post this comment anonymously...)
Yep, they learn it all!! They also tell all, so I wouldn't make any critical comments about the teacher within Jag's earshot. Hopefully, her/his name doesn't rhyme with anything naughty.
ReplyDeleteLove, G. Allred
LOL! Ile had a very similar situation at that very age! Only it happened at school. The teacher told me about it, and when she realized that he was rhyming she knew he didn't know what he was saying. We had a very similar rule, that it was just best not to rhyme with certain words. Still enjoying San Antonio?
ReplyDelete