Kids these days (especially teens and tweens) are very huggy. They love to greet people with a hug. Say good -bye with a hug. Invade personal space with a hug. You know the usual stuff.
We were trying to leave church when a little 11 yr. old girl from Davis' class ran over, "Davis" (followed by a long hug). Davis stood there irritated and then said, "Could you please let go of me?" As he rolls his eyes, she smiles her little brace face and skips away.
I am thrilled! It has only been a year since Davis started volunteering to hug his momma...girls will just have to wait! (I wouldn't have known what to do if he had actually moved his arms from his sides.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This just makes me laugh!!He is so cute and just doesn't like much fuss over him. Jag knows how to set them straight, though. I remember the little girl with the dirty face. I'm sure Jag could give Davis some tips. Those boys are just irresistable to the weaker sex. Give them a hug from me - they'll accept it better from you! Love, G. Allred
ReplyDeleteYeah Davis! You're my kinda guy. I'm gonna have to borrow that line from you. "Could you please let go of me?" Classic.
ReplyDelete