Sunday, September 6, 2009
San Antonio Zoo
We spent Saturday at the zoo. There are few places that 4 boys ranging in age from 10 to 2 can go and enjoy themselves...the zoo is definitely one of those places. Noah couldn't remember ever going to the zoo, and he loved the animals. It was even an overcast day, so perfect for an outing.
Feeding the lorries nectar was fun. Jag would let them drink for 2 seconds and then move on to the next bird. Noah would try to feed them, but ended up spilling all over the ground. When he tried to pet the birds, he almost lost a finger. Christian fed once and then was happy to watch his brothers do it. (I can't blame him, a bird flew to land on my head and I screamed and ducked out of the way.)
Davis thought he was cool to have the lorrie sit on his hat and shoulder. BUT what happens when a bird sits on you for too long? This lorrie pooped on Davis' lovely hat and favorite Spurs shirt. We laughed and he got mad. Davis is a germaphobe and was totally disgusted by the birds. He quickly left and pouted on a bench.
Davis stomping away as we laughed and Darin made pooping noises. Families are wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Poor Davis. I hope he doesn't start scrubbing his head over and over to get the germs off. :-P
ReplyDeleteI really don't like zoos. I hate spending all day walking around, looking through bars or windows, oohing and aahing if you catch a glimpse of a half-comatose creature laying off in the distance. Blech.
I figure that if I take my kids to Mal-Wart a couple times a year, they get a zoo experience and I get my shopping done. :-)
I'm with Davis! I don't even like potty talk of any kind! I had a pigeon poop on my coat collar from the top of a building in SLC once on my way to work. Everyone laughed until we were on the elevator and someone else looked at their collar - you guessed it - it got both of us. Love, G. Allred
ReplyDelete