Thursday, April 15, 2010

FYI


Pony Beads. They are nice for crafts. They are great to sting on anything to make a beautiful necklace. They are great to carry in a pocket.

They are also the exact size of a little 3 yr. old's left nostril. EXACT, can't get it out with anything, SIZE. Especially bad if that 3 yr. old starts to panic and sniff.

Why do kids find body holes so fun? Can't he just stick his finger in his nose like the rest of the boys?

(Just a note, after the panic of it all wore off we were able to stretch his nostril enough to see the hole in the bead. I could then hook the end of tweezers into the hole and slowly ease it out. There was a moment when I thought I'd have to go to the Dr. and explain the emergency.)

5 comments:

  1. With Davis it was always wads of tissue or paper. Sometimes stuffed so far up the nose, it started to bleed. Jag sneezed one night at dinner and at least 40 pieces of rice shot out onto the table. I think Christian must have been perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.k. so you stuck part of a sponge up your nose and it took a few days before we noticed your breath was odd. A flashlight and tweezers and voila, it was out, of course I never got a full confession out of you. Mitch wanted to look like he had a pierced nose so he stuck those little magnets on his nose two inside and two out.Only problem was that the two inside stuck together, we tried for an hour to get them out but they're strong! Anyway, we were just about out the door to the ER when he got a big magnet and slid them out. Kids; lots of curiosity and not much common sense sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay stuck the sponge in her nose. I remember the smell too. I was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Emergency Room at Children's Hospital here in Seattle has a display of actual things they have removed from kids' noses - crazy stuff like whole crayons and large Lego pieces. Those little noses must be pretty flexible to fit all that crap in there.

    You should make yourself a nice set of earrings from Noah's snotty nose bead, to help remind you of the joys of motherhood. :-)

    ReplyDelete