Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School Days

Oh how sad that summer is over! The boys are off to school again.

Davis the 6th grader. (Who came home from his first day of school declaring the year as horrible. He was going to wash his hands of the 6th grade because "some people just don't know how to make anything fun or exciting!" After a pep talk and his hour long Pity Party...we've moved on and he is going to have a more open mind about 6th grade.) How can my baby, the one that I quit teaching 6th grade for, be starting 6th grade? We totally would have loved eachother back in my teaching days!

Christian the 4th grader. (Who came home complaining that school was horrible-joined right in on the Pity Party that was going on- because...wait for it....that's right recesses are too short. Doesn't every kid complain about that? Oh and for good merit he through in a "I don't even have any friends" even though his good buddy from 4 houses down sits right next to him.)

Jag the Homeschooled 1st grader! Love the attire! I searched high and low to find a pair of rain boots to go with his first day of school outfit, but none to be found. He is the only one who said, "I can't wait for tomorrow because I LOVE school." Awesome teacher, that's what I say!

Actually, he did get dressed. Wore a new shirt for the occasion and even regular shoes. But the last picture was funny! Noah is doing preschool and thinks that he is the best letter T writer that there is! He's right.
Noah making T's with Popsicle sticks all over the kitchen.



I had to throw in one picture of the Princess just because. Isn't she darling?!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still torn between excitement that this will be my first year in **10 years** that I won't be homeschooling - and trepidation at sending my kids to school full-time. What crap are they going to be taught (both in the classroom & from their peers)? And what in the heck am I going to do with all my free time? Certainly not more housework, heaven forbid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute kids! It looks like Noah's haircutting lesson was an after-school activity. Why do all kids do that??? Susan's first scissor activity was to go into her's and Julie's closet and make a vertical cut on all the hems of the dresses and then going into the bathroom and trim the shower curtain so it just reached the edge of the tub. Your Mom cut her braided hair (at the the top of the braid so that when I combed thru it, the hair fell on the floor). Just be glad that he didn't cut Anya's hair! Good luck.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete