This picture is taken from where the car was parked before it was hit.
Fortunately, I have an observant neighbor who was outside checking mail and got the licence plate of the driver. He also had a description of the truck and which direction it drove. I have another neighbor who jumped in his car and went to hunt down the driver. He came back with the home address to give to the police. I had 2 neighbors hear the crash and come running out to help and hold my baby.
The police brought back a 16 year old girl and then asked me "What do you want us to do with her?" Really, they let me choose. I wanted her scared. They got her out of their car, walked her over to me and then left her with me. I then was able to give her my very best lecture. I didn't even cry. I was mad, but I didn't shout, I just growled. She cried and said "Yes, ma'am."
The car was totalled. The insurance is still working on it. I've had to do this once before. Darin was away at army boot camp and our car was totalled when it was parked, the truck drove off then too. Why?! Why! This is just another reason that I HATE being a single mom. Another thing that I just don't want to deal with.
Another reason to curse, don't we all need another reason to curse?
So, who wants to call Afghanistan?

uh Not it!!
ReplyDeleteNot it!
ReplyDeleteI always make Nathan do mt dirty work. You're welcome to borrow him and have him call Darin.
I assume this happened during the day (since there were so many people around to help). WHAT was the 16-year old girl thinking? It's not like you live on a major speedway, or around a tricky curve. Was she texting? Or crying over breaking up with her boyfriend? Geesh. How can you hit a parked car on your quiet little street?