There were our fabulous, quiet, sweet... Sea Monkey's. They did meet an unfortunate and untimely death. The cries and journal entries that went out that day.
We had a few pet lizards. Unfortunately Sand Devil was re-caught and then croaked the next day. Davis swore that he would never catch a living creature again. They should be free to roam and die in the wild, not captivity. Wow, the cries and journal entries that went out last weekend.
We had a pet wolf spider in Turkey. It lived in a hole in our front yard and the boys loved looking at it. That is until some villainous person came and smashed him and his lovely hole.
Davis lives in denial when his pets die. With the sea monkeys, he quickly filled the tank with fresh water and some food and then pretended that the little bits of floating debris were his pets. Davis told me that Sand Devil was just sleeping and then stuffed it in "his favorite crack in the wall." I am the one who usually has to bring Davis to face reality, at which time he crumbles into a pile of tears. He is soft-hearted and would rather pretend that the pet is alive than face the sadness of death.
Dear Grandma Thull sent Davis an Ant Farm for his birthday. He loves it! It now lives in my laundry room. I hope that Davis and his pets can survive this time.

Oh, wicked, wicked mother! When she could have sent him a puppy, she sends BUGS??? Honestly, where did she go to grandma school?
ReplyDeleteMom said...Speaking of denial,if I did send a proper pet, Jessica would ignore the cries and screams coming out of the UPS box until they quit. Her brothers wanted to know why they never had pets, I told them the "party line". They move every 2 years and it wouldn't work. Dallas said, "yeah if I move I just tell the dogs, sorry, get in the hole, pets can't travel".
ReplyDeleteI actually told the boys... choose a pet or your grandparents! We can't have both. Just be happy they love you enough to accept and love bugs for you.
ReplyDelete