Monday, June 1, 2009

Food Storage Part 2

Tomato Soup.

What is there to do with a can of soup besides eat it as soup? I have a case of soup and 3 weeks to eat it...

Suggestions are appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. If you aren't all caked out from birthday's try this:
    1 box (about 18 oz.) spice cake mix
    1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
    1/2 cup water
    2 eggs

    Directions:

    PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour two 8" or 9" round cake pans.
    MIX cake mix, soup, water and eggs according to pkg. directions. Pour into prepared pans.
    BAKE 25 min. or until done.
    COOL on wire racks 10 min. Remove from pans and cool completely.
    FILL and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know any recipes, but I do know that if you use a can of 1/2 & 1/2 and half a can of milk to mix the soup, then add a sprinkle of basil and serve it with shredded Italian cheese like Romano, it's like a tomato bisque, and really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always use tomato soup vs. sauce/paste when I do spaghetti sauce. I use Ragu + powdered sauce mix (on the hamburger as it browns) and then add the soup and some water. It's our favorite way. We don't like the sharp flavor of tomato sauce or paste. Like DeNae, I always add basil when I'm just having soup. I also make Swiss steak using soup + green peppers, onions, and celery. If I don't have steak, I use hamburger and put it over noodles.
    Good luck. G. Allred

    ReplyDelete