In an effort to look on the sunny side of Darin being gone for 6 weeks I've come up with a list of the 10 best things about being a single mom.
1. I will not need to waste my time by getting dressed in the mornings. If I am not going to be leaving the house, then staying in my pajamas will be fine.
2. Cold cereal can become our new favorite dinner.
3. If I run out of time for a shower for 3 days in a row, the boys won't even notice.
4. Less laundry to do.
5. Early bedtimes for all. We see each other all day long, we should have time to ourselves.
6. We can try out all of the frozen pizzas at the store. I will be teaching the kids college survival skills at the same time.
7. The bed will be easier to make.
8. I choose what we do when we do it.
9. I can watch all of the "stupid" television shows that I want without having to be embarrassed that "I actually watch that stuff."
10. I can make brownies and eat the entire pan without anyone knowing a thing about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You can come visit us!
ReplyDelete...and come visit me, too! Isn't it sad to have to admit we basically cook for our husbands? When your grandma came to visit me in Seattle, I asked her and my mom what we should have for dinner (my husband was on surveillance and wouldn't be home until late). Both of them said at the same time "Toast and hot chocolate." My choice exactly!
ReplyDeleteYou forgot #11 - When he gets home, this gives you weeks of "You change the diaper. I had to change them ALL while you were gone." (Also works for washing dishes, solving sibling disputes, cleaning the bathroom . . .)
ReplyDelete