Believe it or not but, there was a winter storm warning here in Tucson last night. It had been raining and was expected to get very cold over night, maybe even below freezing. The news reported that you should avoid driving over any over pass or bridge (not just be cautious, AVOID) and remember do not drive too fast. They mentioned all the possibilities for school cancellations (if there is ice on the road...no school). Darin even got a phone call at 11:30 p.m. notifying him that DMAFB was going to have a late start time of 9 a.m. due to bad weather. We woke up and it was definately chilly (for us). Snow? No. Ice? Maybe. Winter storm? Not even close.
Some schools did close. And in a neighboring county it snowed...they even showed pictures on the news. I think it was barely a dusting! In fact, you could still see the roof of the house they were showing all the snow on. I haven't lived with snow for years. I don't miss it a bit. I think that this is my kind of "snow day!" FYI-the high on our snow day was around 60...cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have I mentioned the time they cancelled church in Seattle because it MIGHT snow?? Yeah, I thought they were pretty wimpy. But they're sure getting dumped on this year. I'm with you; these 50 degree days are chilly enough, thank you very much!
ReplyDeleteIt hailed at our house a couple days ago. That was quite exciting for us! We are loving all the rain this week, though the long-term CA residents are quite wary about going out at all while it's raining. What's the big deal?
ReplyDeleteI really feel bad for you. Actually, I don't. Not at all. It was snowing and freezing here. I have decided that it needs to be Spring. I am SO sick of the snow and cold!
ReplyDelete