Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Flexible
Military life is about flexibility. Unfortunately I can't even touch my toes. Darin was scheduled for a TDY (training in Alabama). Then, he was put on a waiting list without the possibility of ever getting off. I thought a bit about it, but we moved on to plan B, TDY in the Spring/Summer and all that would entail. Boss said, "no way" to a February TDY possibility. That was last week. Friday afternoon, they said, "change of plans" you are off in less than a week. I can't touch my toes, I am not that flexible. I guess that I now have 6 weeks of "me time" to work on touching my toes. Got to love the military and their determination to force me into being flexible. When I grow up, I am going to have a say in my life, right now I'm just along for the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If Darin's psychotic deployment didn't improve your flexibility, nothing will.
ReplyDeleteI say just keep yourself wound up tight - screaming like a mad woman every time they push you - until you SNAP and pull a Camille (remember what she used to threaten to do in Turkey?) :-)
Is this by chance SOS? We got a week for that one too.
ReplyDeleteWow! That IS last minute. I can't believe it works like that. Good luck, Jessica!
ReplyDelete