Monday, February 2, 2009

Pinewood Derby



Davis had his Pinewood Derby on Saturday. His car took 5th place this year. He had a cute car/skateboard. Thank you to Grandpa for cutting out his car again this year.



Davis and his skateboard (He refused to smile).



Action shot, racing, winning!

2 comments:

  1. Davis just LOOKS like a scout. There's something about him that just screams "Do a Good Turn Daily."

    Great car, by the way. My boys are lucky to get some chunks carved out of their block of wood, and maybe a few pennies super-glued on for weight. They always look wistfully at the other boys with their fancy hot rods. I'm just a bad Scout mom ('cuz frankly, I just don't care.) :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I'm with Brooke on this one. My husband was pretty good to help the boys create something that didn't resemble a brick on wheels. But the happiest day of my parenting life (to that point) was the day of our last pinewood derby.

    This year, we do our last Girls' Camp. HALLELUJAH!!

    ReplyDelete